Sighs, it’s been a long time since I’ve blogged anything. So many things have happened that I really ought to write down but haven’t found the time to. I shall just write in chronological order from most recent to the least recent.
Darling and I went to visit Bodyworlds exhibition at the Singapore Science Center on the 23rd of Feb 2010. I’ve been for the previous one held at Singapore expo but I’ve forgotten pretty much everything. So anyways it was a really awesome experience. There’s this really mellow atmosphere as every exhibit is of human origin. So when we entered, the first exhibit were human embryos and then real foetuses. So the both of us felt a pang of sadness as these babies never had the chance at life. But otherwise, I recommend that whoever that has the time and money to go to go. (to go to go sounds weird but it kinda makes sense) I especially loved the part about smoking. A huge section of the exhibit was devoted to the ill effects of smoking. I hate cigarette smoke. I really hate it especially if smokers blow it obliviously at you. Smokers should quite smoking because, it harms them and harms non-smokers. A public menace. There’s also an exhibit of a giraffe, giant squid and an octopus. Tammy and I had this running joke about little drain covers hidden under the carpeting. We had this joke that it was some sort of Sweeny Todd device to trap people and turn them into exhibits a la House of Wax. So we were giggling everytime we heard a clank of metal under the carpet as we walked. Then we saw the giraffe. Must be some sort of arcane trapdoor to catch a giraffe in Singapore.
So after our outing which ended at 6, we went to IMM for dinner. We found this really affordable taiwanese restaurant called Dian Xiao Er if I’m not wrong. The ambience was really good. We ate the set meals and total bill came out as $25. No service charge, only GST. At the end of our meal, we were full and very satisfied. The food was good, not excellent but for the price they charge, we had a pretty good deal.
Ok, since we were at IMM we went to this MEGA Daiso store. Seriously, it’s MEGA. The floor space is larger than the one at plaza sing multiplied by at least 5. So we took a little walk and bought some little snacks. I was kind of in a hurry because mom wants me back asap when she called me at 8. Too bad I reached home at 11.30 I had the scolding of my life. And I’m feeling really angry and depressed till today.
- What is wrong with being with my girlfriend after we’ve been separated for so long during our A level studies
- I mugged my butt off during A levels and I was promised that I could do WHATEVER I WANT after that. But I don’t quite see that happening. My parents lied to me.
- What’s wrong with spending time to take care of injured gf? She has a slipped disc and moving around is really difficult.
- I obediently followed every instruction given for 18 years of my life, why can’t I do what I want now? I’m not hurting anyone nor myself or causing any public mischief, I just want to lead the life I want and not the one they want for me.
- What’s wrong with not doing anything concrete after A levels? Taking care of injured gf doesn’t count apparently although through that I learn how to cook and how to take care of people with spinal injuries as well as UNDERSTAND spinal injuries. If anyone tells you that you don’t have a slipped disc from looking at an X-Ray, slap the person and demand a refund because discs don’t show up on X-Rays.
- Is 11.30 that late a time to come home? I’m not partying till 3-4 am ya know.. Just sending gf back home. My fault she lives so damn far away?
I’ve been really busy with stuff right now, so I’ve been stuck at the upper torso.
Anyways, me volunteering at Fei Yue Community Services now, voicing the character Kan Guru as part of their video series encouraging youths to discuss certain issues such as internet addiction, love and emo-ness??
Also, me doing translating work for CNEC. Helping them translate letters that the children in myanmar write to their sponsors in US and Canada? Dunno where the sponsors are but my job is to translate to English. I don’t blame them but their Mandarin is really bad. It’s not because they’re stupid but because of the teacher’s education level. They mix jian ti and fan ti with a weird mix of words I’ve never seen before. It’s a real hassle but I’m doing it out of love for them. Haha, so noble hor?
As part of my mom’s slave labour program, she shipped me off to Chinatown to work at the NETS flashpay card roadshow booth to fill in for